Supplies Needed for 4th Grade
· 5 marbleized composition books
· 6 pocket folders – Social Studies, Science, Spelling, Work folder, Take-home folder, and Religion
· 1 package of #2 pencils (sharpened)
· markers, crayons, and or colored pencils
· a red pen for correcting
· a pair of scissors - kids school scissors please
· glue sticks
· a highlighter (any color)
· a soft case to hold supplies
· a fine point black sharpie
For Spanish – Marbleized notebook – new students only
For the classroom
· 2 boxes of tissues
- a set of multiplication cards to be kept at home and practiced
What Was the Great Depression by Janet Pascal
The Jacket by Andrew Clements
A wish list of consumables that we could use for our language arts and science programs include:
- Post-It flags for marking text support
- assorted colored cardstock for vocabulary words
- scrapbooking supplies/papers for publishing theme writing assignments
- classical music CDs to listen to during process writing
- silver stars
- baby wipes
Here are a few things you should know about grade 4.
There is no morning recess in 4th grade, however, I do give the children a 10-15 minute snack break to stretch, walk around, socialize and use the bathroom. Please pack a nutritious snack for their mid-morning break.
· We have lunch recess at 11:15 and lunch at 11:35. Gym class is on Tuesday, music is on Wednesday, library and art are on Thursday.
· Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey that will help me get to know your child and for covering all their hardcover books.
· We will study all the regions of the United States beginning with the Southwest. Study skills are incorporated into all content areas all year.
· All children are expected to have a grade level appropriate chapter book in their desks at all times for independent reading. They are welcome to use my classroom library books.
· I am also looking forward to an exciting year of discovering and exploration this year in science. We will start the year with a solar system unit.
· I would like to encourage anyone who could enhance our curriculum to feel free to share their expertise, experience/knowledge with the class.
· I feel that good communication between parent and teacher will enhance your child’s experience at school. I will do my best to communicate both positive and negative feedback as I feel appropriate, and I hope you will do the same.
· Fourth graders have school planners. They should be going home every night. Homework is also posted online. Please check their assignments with them. There is a place for parent/teacher communication at the bottom of each page (comments). Please contact me to address any questions or concerns that might arise. You can contact me via your child’s planner, a note, by leaving a message at school, or e-mail. I always try to return calls and emails the same day. I welcome your input.